Osmo UV-Protection Oil EXTRA 420 is a satin-matt, natural oil based and microporous finish that does not crack, flake, peel or blister. It is water and dirt resistant, moisture regulating and reduces wood swelling and shrinkage. The natural oils enhance the natural character and tone of the wood. Osmo UV-Protection Oil EXTRA 420 contains highly effective fungicides & biocides to prevent the growth of algae, mildew and fungal attack.
Osmo UV-Protection-Oil EXTRA 420 is ideal for all vertical wood surfaces in outdoor areas: doors, windows, window shutters (dimensionally stable elements), carports, timber cladding, balconies, fences, pergolas, garden sheds and Wendy houses (dimensionally unstable elements).
As a top-coat on already colour treated wood, it prolongs the renovation intervals.
As a single product application, it blocks the greying process with a UV protection factor of 12 in comparison to untreated wood.
- Clear Natural Oil-based finish with UV-Protection Factor 12
- Very water and dirt resistant
- Reduces wood swelling and shrinkage
- Osmo UV-Protection-Oil EXTRA 420 is safe for humans, plants and animals once dry
- Microporous, breathable finish which does not crack, peel, flake or blister
- No sanding necessary for future applications
Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product suitability and final finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times. Osmo Top Oil is ready to use and does not require thinning. Stir well before use.
- Apply the worktop oil thinly along the wood grain using an Osmo Easy Pads, Osmo Soft Tip Brush or clean, lint-free cloth
- Work the oil into the surface of the wood grain
- Remove any excess surface oil with a clean, lint-free cloth
- Allow to dry appropriately with good ventilation
- Lightly denib the surface if required taking care to remove all dust that this may create
- Apply a thin second coat as abovd